Food Distribution Guy’s mission is to assist emerging & established food businesses
Through Richard’s +25 years’ experience in the food sector, he understands the challenges and tribulations his clients will encounter towards attaining their goal of retail store listings in Canada’s grocery sector.
For instance, were you aware:
- 5 banners control up to 80% of groceries market share.
- Over the past couple of years, the number of products de-listed in the grocery sector outpaced the number of new products listed by 10%*
- Grocery banners provide new brand entrants with short probation periods (6-9 months).
During these difficult times, we continue to be your one-stop resource for the retail grocery sector. Our mandate is to ensure our clients’ success is sustainable in the long-term. We provide our clients with industry insights and assist them with their “Go-To” market strategy that assists them in breaking through the competitive landscape to “Getting and Staying” through the appropriate retail channels, and in the process increasing sales.
Richard Baker is CEO and Founder of Food Distribution Guy. He is a skilled strategic branding and marketing specialist who assists emerging and established food manufacturers in breaking through the competitive landscape to “Get and Stay Listed” in the Grocery and Health store sectors.
He is an award-winning marketer, television personality (BNN Bloomberg) whose extensive background stems from the packaged goods sector in brand development, marketing, and business development roles. He is also a juror for the Retail Council of Canada’s Canada Grand Prix New Product Awards. Throughout his career, he has worked with some of Canada’s largest national brands such as Tabasco Brand Pepper Sauce and Rich Products.
Richard is a visionary. By researching and identifying emerging food and consumer trends, he successfully drives brands growth in sectors with formidable competition. For instance, he successfully:
- Re-branded Rich Products “On-Top dessert topping as a beverage condiment that secured the organizations first listing with Tim Horton’s that generated incremental revenue of $2.5M dollars in the first year.
- Re-positioned Tabasco Brand Pepper as a food condiment that netted a sales increase of $2.0M and a 4-point market share increase in the first year of a three-year plan.
Richard is a devoted family man that includes his wife Teresa and his 3 rescued Jack Russell Terriers whom he adopted from Jack Russell Rescue. The dedication and compassion he has for his rescued dogs is what we bring to his clients’ business
Get FREE food marketing advice from an award winning marketer! Sign up for our newsletter.